Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heard of Ajit Singh lately?

Does the name Ajit Singh ring a bell? If yes, you must have seen the name somewhere in the newspaper in the past few days in connection with the trust vote that the government faces.

I am not an avid reader of newspapers – I just scan the headlines for a minute or two every morning. Couple of days back – I saw the name of Ajit Singh in one of the lead stories related to the trust vote – and thought, was this not the same guy who was in the news in the previous trust vote, and the one before that, and the one before that as well? Even when I was at school, I remember a discussion among my uncles related to a trust vote where Ajit Singh prominently featured – it was not clear which party he is going to switch to, or which coalition he is going to support! He has the ability to remain in obscurity forever (I reckon this does not require any special ability), but emerge in news exactly when there is a evenly balanced trust vote, where one vote is going to make a difference!

Pretty amusing that more than a decade has passed, but some things just do not change!

1 comment:

Amit said...

you writing blogs and all. all ok? long time, whats up? seal